Family Road of Greater Baton Rouge is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that delivers services to assist families – both directly and in coordination with 100+ private, non-profit, public and governmental agencies. Our “one-stop” network is designed to build stronger and healthier families with hands on programs that address the health, social, and economic problems within our community.
- Identify and address community needs with a "one-stop" shop approach - both on and off site.
- Services are divided into “roads” that include: Health & Wellness, Parenting, Education & Support Services, Healthy Pregnancy & Healthy Baby
- Utilize incentive programs for attendance and provide free childcare while parents attend classes.
Services, Classes, Workshops, Support Groups and Counseling are provided in the following areas:
- Prenatal Classes and Clinic
- Car Seat and General Safety Classes
- Fatherhood Classes
- The Dedicated Dads program was revitalized mid-year to provide one-on-one counseling sessions to promote and teach responsible and committed fatherhood within families.
- Counseling Programs
- Teen Parenting Classes
- Education and Training Classes
- GED/HiSET classes are offered to the public every Tuesday & Thursday
- Parenting Classes
- Classes are offered to the public every Monday & Tuesday from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Banking and Technology (Computer) Classes
- Children and Teens Classes
- Funded by IWES Believe in Youth! Louisiana, we provide health education classes on prevention of STDs, HIV/AIDS and pregnancy to youth ages 11-21 in schools and at Family Road.
- Wellness, Nutrition and Fitness Classes
- Our Healthy Start program case managers provide counseling and supplies to mothers, babies and their families through medical and pre-natal home visits.